Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Outlook 2016 not showing email in folders after PST import


After importing a backup PST (used by an IMAP client) into Outlook 2016 the email was not showing in Outlook locally.

I confirmed the OST file it imported into grew in size during the import. I copied one email from the PST file to the OST and it disappeared.

I then discovered when browsing the folders at the very bottom it displayed “filter applied” as shown below:

This was a new email profile and there should not have been any filters applied.

clip_image001

At the top with the folder highlighted I selected “View Settings” as shown below:

clip_image003

I then selected the filter option as shown below:

clip_image005

Note: it shows “Messages:Advanced”

Select the “Advanced” tab and note it has an “IMAP Status equals unmarked”

Select “IMAP Status equals unmarked” and “Remove” as shown below and then “OK”

clip_image006

The folder should now be populated with all the data. I had to repeat the steps on each folder as it will not change subfolders.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, the best flipping answer in the whole of the internet. Thanks heaps man!! Cheers

    ReplyDelete